Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Video-D.A. Carson on I Timothy 2 "Permit"

A few years ago, I was trial preaching at a church in Smithville, Tennessee. While there, I was talking to a woman who made the comment that when Paul wrote "I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man" that he was writing his personal opinion. After all, she reasoned, he said "I do not permit". I was quite proud of myself in my reaction. Instead of going all Wolverine on her, I calmly pointed out that, since God inspired the men who wrote scripture, there are no parts of the bible that we can dismiss as just being someone's personal opinion. With that in mind, let's look at what theologian D.A. Carson has to say about this passage. I'll post part one today and part two tomorrow. I trust you will be as encouraged as I was.


No comments: