Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Testimony

I've been doing this blog for about 3 years now. I had posted at one time a testimony of how I came to Christ. I thought, since it had been a while, I would post it again. I pray you will be encouraged as you reflect on God's sovereign grace in your own life.

My family went to church when I was a child off an on. When we moved to Tennessee when I was in the 2nd grade, we stopped going. My mom told me it was because all the churches around us were Methodist and we couldn’t find a Baptist church in Tennessee. I reflect on that now and realize just how funny that was. Anyway, we moved back to Alabama when I was in 4th grade. In 6th grade my brother and sister started going to Children’s choir at our old church. I went to a performance they did and I was hooked. There was always something about music that had me hooked. I joined Children’s choir and from there joined youth choir and started going to Bible studies, Sunday School and church.

I started to hear about the fact that I was a sinner and that my sin separated me from God. I heard that Jesus paid the price for my sin on the cross and that if I would repent and trust Him to save me, He would. When I was in 7th grade, one afternoon after basketball practice, I prayed in my room to trust Christ as my Savior.

I praise God for His faithfulness and for sending His Son to save me.

No comments: