Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Blogiversary To Me!!!

I cannot believe it has been three years!! Honestly, I started this blog three years ago for myself as much as anything. I had pastored a church (bi-vocationally) for 6 years prior to finishing an accounting degree and taking a job in Tennessee. I wasn't (and still am not) preaching anywhere and while I don't believe you study God's word for the purpose of making a sermon the simple fact is that I can't do anything without a deadline. So I decided to make one--creating a weekly blog of scripture exposition. I have added other theological topics that have interested me from time to time and I link to sermons and other blogs that I feel will be beneficial. Doing so also aids me because, let's face it, I work full time and there is no way I could produce 4 or 5 days of original material myself.I'd like to thank those who have commented, read, and subscribed over the years. My prayer is that God would conform us even more to the image of His Son, our Savior, as we study His word together.

Soli Deo Gloria!!

joe blackmon

No comments: